Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Itsy Bitsy Spider

Ellie. My anxious worrier. She came home from a sleepover at Taylor's on Sunday and showed me the bug bite on the back of her leg. She had showed it to me earlier in the week...no biggie. Apparently it had been bothering/itching her, and Taylor gave her a bandage.

At some point, she showed it to Eric, who said that it might be a spider bite. Exactly the wrong thing to say to Ellie. She's worried, weepy...

Lauren, always the empathetic one, decides to share her empathy with Ellie through song:

The itsy bitsy spider climbed up Ellie's leg,
and now she's going to DIE, DIE, DIE!!!!!

I'm not sure if it all dissolved into punches being thrown at that point, but there were definitely more tears.

If only I could somehow harness that which is Lauren into something good...

No comments: